- This is our entry for the take a Mallet to a Pallet competition at Blackhorse Workshop,
We won first prize for most innovative design
- The challenge was to rework a pallet to create a new object or piece of art.
- Our entry was a pair of pendant lamps created from steam bent strips of pallet.
- Once disassembled, the pallet was used to make the steaming box and forming jigs,
with the rest cut into thin strips ready for steaming.
The nails were reused to assemble the finished pieces.
- Design J.Schotte, R. Wells 2014